What do we do?
Due to the multidisciplinarity of the faculty, our research focuses on multiple areas.
We focus on current issues of regional development from an economic, social and environmental perspective.
Specifically, we address:
- financing and impacts of regional policy and municipal development;
- revitalising underused areas;
- stabilising rural areas;
- differentiation of corporate performance;
- development and evaluation of farm management systems in the regions;
- ecosystem services and functions;
- landscape management;
- socio-demographic, political and psychological aspects of quality of life.
We also focus on international development and political processes in European and non-European countries, namely Africa, the Balkans, the Middle East, China, Southeast Asia, Latin America and the European Union.
We are interested in:
- the influence of Islam;
- the spread of major diseases;
- ensuring food security and sufficiency;
- China’s role in global economic governance;
- EU institutional system and external policies.