Applicants who have graduated from a secondary school outside the Czech Republic must prove their education by one of the following options:

The applicant proves the general recognition of the equivalence or validity of a foreign certificate of secondary education in the Czech Republic. This is a decision on the recognition of the validity of a foreign certificate in the Czech Republic together with a nostrification clause on the recognition of the validity of a foreign certificate of education in the Czech Republic. These decisions are issued by regional authorities and are valid for all universities and higher education institutions in the Czech Republic. The regional authorities need the following information.

Please send the original of the validity decision with the nostrification clause or an authenticated copy to our mailing address:
Studijní oddělení FRRMS
Mendelova univerzita
Zemědělská 1
613 00 Brno
Czech Republic

Or a converted document to the email

This is a verification based on the submission of a European Baccalaureate certificate.

Please send an authenticated copy to our mailing address:
Studijní oddělení FRRMS
Mendelova univerzita
Zemědělská 1
613 00 Brno
Czech Republic

Or a converted document to the email:

The applicant submits a foreign certificate of foreign secondary education completed by graduation exam. In case this is an automatic equivalent in the Czech Republic according to its international obligations, there’s no need to take further official action.

Slovakia: Applicants can submit proof of secondary education (maturitné vysvedčenie)..

Hungary: Applicants can submit their school-leaving certificates (érettségi bizonyítvány).

Poland: applicants can submit proof of completion of secondary education with a final examination (świadectwo dojrzałości).

Slovenia: Applicants can submit school-leaving certificates issued by secondary schools and vocational secondary schools.

Germany: Applicants can submit a certificate of general maturity for higher education (Zeugnis der Allgemeinen Hochschulreife).

Please send an authenticated copy zašlete na naši korespondenční adresu:

Studijní oddělení FRRMS
Mendelova univerzita
Zemědělská 1
613 00 Brno
Czech Republic

Or a converted document to the email

The applicant proves his/her foreign secondary education document obtained at a foreign secondary school, which entitles the holder to study in a bachelor’s degree program or a master’s degree program not related to a bachelor’s degree program in the foreign country. There is a process of assessment of foreign secondary studies that is valid only for our faculty. It allows the applicant to prove that he/she has fulfilled the requirement of attaining secondary education with a high school diploma directly with proof of foreign secondary education (there is no nostrification granted by the Regional Authority).

The fee for assessment of foreign secondary education is 800 CZK.

After applying to a particular study program, it is necessary to send us the original signed Application and officially certified translations of the original documents:

  • Proof of foreign secondary education (graduation certificate)
    • The certificate cannot contain a grade of F.
    • The certificate must be officially verified (more on verification below).
    • We do not accept “provisional” documents
  • List of courses studied with grades for the entire period of study, the number of hours is not required.
    • You can get the document from your high school.
    • The transcript must be verified (more on verification below).
  • Proof of secondary school accreditation, i.e. confirmation of the founder of the foreign secondary school that it is properly established and accredited according to the laws of the foreign country unless this is directly indicated in the certificate.
    • This document is issued by the competent authority in your country, usually the Ministry of Education.
  • Confirmation from the secondary school that the obtained foreign secondary education allows access to study in the bachelor’s study program at university.

Forms of document verification

Original documents are valid in the territory of the Contracting States without further verification. The documents submitted must be officially certified copies made by a Czech or foreign notary public, at a Czech embassy abroad or via Czech Point. 

  • Afghanistan
  • Albania
  • Algeria
  • Belgium
  • Belarus
  • Bosnia and Herzegovina
  • Bulgaria
  • Montenegro
  • France
  • Georgia
  • Yemen
  • Croatia
  • Korea (DPRK = North Korea)
  • Cuba
  • Cyprus
  • Kyrgyzstan
  • Hungary
  • Moldova
  • Mongolia
  • Poland
  • Austria
  • Romania
  • Russian Federation
  • Greece
  • Northern Macedonia (formerly Macedonia/FYROM)
  • Slovakia
  • Slovenia
  • Serbia
  • Syria
  • Spain
  • Switzerland
  • Ukraine
  • Uzbekistan
  • Vietnam

Convention on the Abolition of the Requirement of Authentication of Foreign Public Documents (The Hague, 5 October 1961, published under No. 45/1999 Coll.), hereinafter referred to as the “Hague Convention”. A uniform form of authentication of documents, the so-called Apostille, is established for these states, issued by the authorized authority of the state in which the diploma was issued (the so-called Apostille Office). A list of apostille offices is available on the Hague Conference website at: (Authorities, per Convention, Convention No. 12).

  • Andorra
  • Antigua and Barbuda
  • Argentina
  • Armenia
  • Australia
  • Azerbaijan
  • Bahamas
  • Bahrain
  • Barbados
  • Belize
  • Bolivia
  • Botswana
  • Brazil
  • Brunei Darussalam
  • Burundi
  • Cook Islands
  • China – Hong Kong and Macau only (legalisation required from other territories in China)
  • Denmark
  • Democratic Republic of São Tomé and Príncipe (since 15 July 2008)
  • Dominica
  • Dominican Republic (since 30 August 2009)
  • Ecuador
  • Estonia
  • Fiji
  • Philippines
  • Finland
  • Territories belonging to France (i.e. French Polynesia, the French territories of Affars and Issas, Guadeloupe, Guyana, Chile, Comoros, Martinique, New Caledonia, Réunion, Saint Pierre and Miquelon, Wallis and Futunaú,
  • Granada (from 7 April 2002 – until that date listed under Great Britain)
  • Guatemala
  • Honduras
  • India
  • Ireland
  • Iceland
  • Italy
  • Israel
  • Jamaica (with effect from 3 July 2021)
  • Japan
  • JAR
  • Cape Verde
  • Kazakhstan
  • Colombia
  • Republic of Korea (South Korea)
  • Kosovo
  • Costa Rica
  • Lesotho
  • Liberia
  • Liechtenstein
  • Lithuania
  • Latvia
  • Luxembourg
  • Malawi
  • Malta
  • Morocco
  • Marshall Islands
  • Mauritius
  • Mexico
  • Monaco
  • Namibia
  • Germany
  • Nicaragua
  • Niue
  • Netherlands and its territories (i.e. Netherlands Antilles, Aruba)
  • Norway
  • New Zealand
  • Oman
  • Palau
  • Panama
  • Paraguay
  • Peru
  • Portugal
  • El Salvador
  • Samoa
  • San Marino
  • Seychelles
  • Singapore (with effect from 16.9.2021)
  • Suriname
  • Saint Lucia
  • Saint Kitts and Nevis
  • Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
  • Eswatini (formerly Swaziland)
  • Sweden
  • Tajikistan
  • Tonga
  • Trinidad and Tobago
  • Tunisia
  • Turkey
  • Uruguay
  • USA and its territories (i.e. American Samoa, Guam, Northern Mariana Islands, Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands of the United States)
  • Great Britain and its territories (i.e. Jersey, the Bailiwick of Guernsey, Isle of Man, Anguilla, Bermuda, British Antarctic Territory, British Virgin Islands, British Solomon Islands, Cayman Islands, Falkland Islands, Gibraltar, Montserrat, St Helena, South Georgia and South Sandwich Islands, Turks and Caicos Islands)
  • Vanuatu
  • Venezuela

For documents from the European Union, Norway, the United States of America, Canada, Australia and New Zealand, it is possible to replace the Apostille (in the case of Canada, super-legalization) with an officially certified copy of the documents if any of the following conditions are met at the same time:

  • the foreign secondary school or university, upon request by the applicant, confirms to the faculty by e-mail that the applicant is a graduate of that foreign secondary school,
  • the foreign higher education institution sends to the faculty a transcript or an addendum to the applicant’s diploma in a sealed envelope or, if the applicant submits a transcript in a sealed envelope as part of the supporting documents, or
  • the official website of the foreign secondary or higher education institution allows verification that the applicant is a graduate of that institution.

A higher level of verification, called super-legalization, is required for graduation documents.

The authenticity of signatures and stamps on the original documents is verified as part of the super-legalization process:

  • by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the country in which the secondary school or college that issued the document is located, or by the competent foreign authority,
  • and the competent embassy of the Czech Republic.

The faculty does not accept “provisional” documents.

Authenticated copies verifying the authenticity of signatures and imprints of official stamps accompanied by an officially certified translation into Czech, Slovak or English (if the original document is not drawn up in one of these three languages) should be sent to the following address:
Studijní oddělení FRRMS
Mendelova univerzita
Zemědělská 1
613 00 Brno
Czech Republic

Or a converted document to the email:

We accept these documents from students for Czech studies only until 24 May 2022.

After the assessment of the documents and issuing the Decision, this Decision will be placed in the applicant’s depository within 30 days of the receipt of the documents and at the same time sent to his/her e-mail address specified in the application for nostrification.

If you need help with documents, please contact me: